The Center of Excellence in Intelligent Engineering Systems (CEIES) is recently established at King
Abdulaziz University (KAU) by a decision of the University President (No. 7082 date 4/3/1435). This center
was established with the aim of bringing about expertise from different faculties and departments of the
University to realize real-life intelligent engineering systems. The main objective of (CEIES) is to
establish an indigenous capability to design and produce state-of-the-art intelligent systems desired by
different cadres of the society.
The center is expected to work on innovative R&D projects needed by the different clients, produce research
publications, generate patents and produce/train human resource for supporting long-term R&D activities in
innovative technologies at the center and elsewhere in the Kingdom.
To become a leading center of excellence in the development, research, and applications of intelligent
- To promote the importance of intelligent unmanned systems among the students through engaging
educational and competitive activities.
- To produce original research and publish it in periodicals of international repute.
- To produce working prototypes that can be readily converted to useful products through collaboration
- To establish strong working relationships with the international organizations of high repute and,
hence, extend a strong knowledge base and knowhow in state-of-the-art technologies and skills.
- To establish enabled infrastructure on well-thought and solid grounds that will continue to breed
innovative technologies and systems for different fields for times to come leading to
- To respond to the demands of industry, government and universities for a more highly trained human
resource base, greater intellectual exchange and technology transfer, thus enhancing the ability of
the Kingdom, as a nation, to compete in the global economy.
11/10/2021 1:41:07 PM